Terms and Condition
Condition and Variation of Natural Wood. Vintage Mill Werks fabricates custom furniture using dimensional Old Growth Douglas Fir and/or Salvaged Pine wood which often contains unique graining & character. Dimensional solid wood with character is inherently more prone to movement than wood without character to include expansion & contraction as well as color variation, knots & checks. Countermeasures are taken to mitigate movement starting with the kiln drying process and carrying through design & fabrication. Please visit our “Finish” page/tab on our site and product pages to ensure you have educated yourself regarding the various finish selections, as some options will have slight texture and others will be very smooth. All pieces are hand planed, sanded and sealed. By placing an Order, you agree to this variation and character.
Warranty. Vintage Mill Werks does not warranty against the natural movement of solid wood. Vintage Mill Werks does carry a limited manufacturers’ warranty for any piece or part found by Vintage Mill Werks’ to be defective in material or workmanship.
Lead Times. All wood furniture from VMW’s is made-to-order for you. Most orders ship in approximately 5-6 weeks. At times, lead times may extend further.
Assembly. Most of our furniture typically ships fully assembled, some pieces as in corner leg tables and our corner desk with ship knock down and they require very simple assembly.
Shipment and Delivery. VMW’s offer two shipment options, Standard Curbside via common carrier and Premium White Glove via highly specialized “furniture only” shipping company.
Freight Shipments. This service is via common carrier freight shipping companies. It is Curbside with Liftgate services included, typical transit times for delivery should be within 2-7 business days after it leaves our facility. You will receive tracking from Vintage Mill Werks via email when it ships and a phone call from the freight carrier at least 24 hours before to schedule delivery. Plan accordingly for large and oversized pieces as assistant to move from curb to protected area is recommended. Signature is required for all deliveries.
White Glove. Premium White Glove service includes a Delivery appointment, Un-Crating, Inspection, In Home Delivery, Placement in room of choice, Set-Up and removal and disposal packaging materials. Transit times for this service should be withing 15-25 business days.
Return/Refund Policy. All sales are final as all furniture is made for you specifically. VMW may accept returns if agreed upon by seller and buyer at sellers discretion. The buyer is responsible for the return shipping cost and upon receipt of item in question and subsequence inspection of item the full amount of the returned Goods less shipping and handling cost, will be returned to the Buyer once Vintage Mill Werks has the Goods back in its possession. Custom Furniture orders. All custom furniture orders are considered final sale and not eligible for return and/or refund.
Cancellation of Order. A Buyer has three (3) business days to cancel the Order and receive a full refund without penalty. After this period, Vintage Mill Werks may, in its sole discretion, allow Buyer to cancel the Order subject to a ten percent (10%) cancellation fee or refuse to cancel the order.
Late Delivery. Any time quoted by Vintage Mill Werks for delivery is an estimate only. Vintage Mill Werks is not liable for or in respect of any loss or damage arising from any delay in filling any order, failure to deliver or delay in delivery. No delay in the shipment or delivery of any Goods relieves you of your obligations under these Terms, including without limitation payment for the Goods.
Purchase Terms and Conditions: User may place an order online via our secured site or in person. We refer to customers who place Orders as “Buyers”. The furniture we produce and sell we refer to as “Goods”. All Orders are subject to the Purchase Order Terms, as agreed to at the time of sale.
Vintage Mill Werks’ Right to Accept or Reject Order. Vintage Mill Werks has the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any Order. Vintage Mill Werks may accept any Order by confirming the Order (whether by written/email confirmation, invoice or otherwise) or by delivering the Goods, whichever occurs first. No Order is binding on Vintage Mill Werks unless accepted by Vintage Mill Werks as provided in these Terms.
Inspection. Buyer upon delivery is required to inspect the Goods. If any visible damage to the shipping crate and/or furniture REFUSE delivery and notify Vintage Mill Werks immediately. VMW’s will handle the filing of claims and return of the damaged goods. If Buyer accepts damaged Goods Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the items in Good and Complete condition. VMW’s will upon return will replace or repair Goods at no cost to you and expediate shipping on the return item.
Price and Payment Terms. By placing the Order, the Buyer agrees to pay the price of the Goods that is stated in the Order (the “Price”). Payment in full is required at the time of the Order unless terms have been arranged for commercial vendors. Buyer authorizes Vintage Mill Werks and any payment processing service provider we may engage to charge your credit card for the Goods you purchase through your use of this Website. Buyer represents and warrants that you are the only one who will use your credit card in connection with this Website, and you shall be responsible for any and all uses of your credit card.
Continued Operation, Accessibility, and Maintenance of this Website. We may modify, change, suspend, terminate or discontinue the operation of this Website or the provision of any services without notice and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, with or without cause.
Disclaimer of Warranties. THIS WEBSITE, AND ALL OF ITS CONTENTS, PRODUCTS, GOODS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VINTAGE MILL WERKS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH VINTAGE MILL WERKS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY GOODS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VINTAGE MILL WERKS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH VINTAGE MILL WERKS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, PRODUCTS, GOODS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. VINTAGE MILL WERKS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL VINTAGE MILL WERKS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Indemnification. User shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Vintage Mill Werks and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns and its respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees, (collectively, “Indemnitees”) against any and all loss, injury, death, damage, liability, claim, deficiency, action, judgment, interest, award, penalty, fine, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney and professional fees and costs, and the cost of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of or occurring in connection with the User’s use of the Website; User’s negligence, willful misconduct or breach of the Terms; or arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms.
Your Account. If you use the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
In connection with your use of the Website, you will not:
- Breach this agreement;
- violate any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- infringe Vintage Mill Werks’, or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization or in any way that is likely to deceive any person;
- use an anonymizing proxy;
- upload, post, use or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- facilitate any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website without our prior written permission
- use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere with our Website;
- take any action that may cause us to lose any of our services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers;
Vintage Mill Werks will not be held liable for the violation of the above terms or any other illegal activity not foreseen at the time.
Intellectual Property Rights. The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Vintage Mill Werks, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for the limited purposes provided in these Terms. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
- If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com
- If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Vintage Mill Werks. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
- Trademarks. Vintage Mill Werks’ name, the company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Vintage Mill Werks or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Vintage Mill Werks. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Copyright Infringement. We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Website by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
Geographic Restrictions. The owner of the Website is based in the state of California in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do soon your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to an Order or to the Website and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Waiver and Severability. No waiver by Vintage Mill Werks of any term or condition set forth in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Vintage Mill Werks to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Changes to the Terms. We may revise and update these Terms from time-to-time in our sole discretion and without prior notice. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.